WHAT MOST BABIES DO BY THIS AGE-
SOCIAL & EMOTIONAL
- Likes to hand things to others to play
- May have temper tantrums.
- May be afraid of strangers.
- Shows affection to familiar people.
- Does simple pretend play like feeding a doll.
- May cling to caregivers in new situations.
- Points to show others something interesting.
- Explores alone but with parent close by.
LANGUAGE / COMMUNICATION
- Says several single words.
- Says and shakes head ” no”.
- Points to show someone what he wants.
COGNITIVE ( LEARNING , THINKING , PROBLEM- SOLVING)
- Knows what ordinary things are for ( telephone- talk, toothbrush – brush teeth )
- Points to get attention of others.
- Points to one body part.
- Can follow 1- step instruction ( for example sits down when you say sit)
MOVEMENT/ PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT
- Walks alone.
- May walk up steps and run.
- Pulls toys while walking.
- Drinks from a cup.