What most babies do by this age:
Social and Emotional
- Smiles spontaneously, especially at people
- Likes to play with people and might cry when playing stops
- Copies some movements and facial expressions, like smiling or frowning
- Begins to babble
- Babbles with expression and copies sounds he hears
- Cries in different ways to show hunger, pain, or being tired
Cognitive (learning, thinking, problem-solving)
- Lets you know if he is happy or sad
- Responds to affection
- Reaches for toy with one hand
- Uses hands and eyes together, such as seeing a toy and reaching for it
- Follows moving things with eyes from side to side
- Watches faces closely
- Recognizes familiar people and things at a distance
- Holds head supported .
- Pushes weight on feet when on a hard surface.
- Rolls over on both sides from tummy -back.
- Brings hand to mouth.
- Able to hold a toy and shake it.
- When lying on tummy, pushes weight on forearms.
GET A CONSULTATION IF YOUR BABY :
- Does not watch things as they MOVE.
- Does not SMILE at people.
- Does not hold head STEADY.
- Does not make sounds/ coos/ babbles.