What is Neuro-Developmental Therapy?
Neuro- developmental therapy (NDT) initially developped by Karol and Bertha Bobath in the 1960’s. Physical Therapy or Neuro-Developmental Therapy is a hands on approach for children which helps improve a child’s mobility, gross motor coordination, strength and endurance.
How does it benefit my child?
This helps in re creating a new framework according to the theory of neuro-plasticity to achieve developmental milestones and work on the holistic growth and progress of the child.
Who is it for ?
The goal in Physical Therapy is to improve a child’s ability to move and interact with their environment independently and confidently by addressing:
- Walking and Mobility
- Muscle Strength, Muscle Tone and Range of Motion
- Balance, Coordination and Motor Planning
- Developmental Motor Milestones
- Postural Control
- Congenital or acquired orthopedic impairments
- Neuromuscular or neurological disorder like Cerebral Palsy, Guillian Barre Syndrome(GBS) , rare syndromes like MPS 2.