BY THE END OF 3RD YEAR, YOUR BABY SHOULD HAVE THE FOLLOWING
What most children do by this age
Social and Emotional
- Copies adults and friends
- Shows affection for friends without prompting
- Takes turns in games
- Shows concern for crying friend
- Understands the idea of “mine” and “his” or “hers”
- Shows a wide range of emotions
- Separates easily from mom and dad
- May get upset with major changes in routine
- Dresses and undresses self
- Follows instructions with 2 or 3 steps
- Can name most familiar things
- Understands words like “in,” “on,” and “under”
- Says first name, age, and sex
- Names a friend
- Says words like “I,” “me,” “we,” and “you” and some plurals (cars, dogs, cats)
- Talks well enough for strangers to understand most of the time
- Carries on a conversation using 2 to 3 sentences
Cognitive (learning, thinking, problem-solving)
- Can work toys with buttons, levers, and moving parts
- Plays make-believe with dolls, animals, and people
- Does puzzles with 3 or 4 pieces
- Understands what “two” means
- Copies a circle with pencil or crayon
- Turns book pages one at a time
- Builds towers of more than 6 blocks
- Screws and unscrews jar lids or turns door handle
- Climbs well
- Runs easily
- Pedals a tricycle (3-wheel bike)
- Walks up and down stairs, one foot on each step
CALL FOR A CONSULTATION IF YOUR CHILD SHOWS ANY OF SIGNS MENTIONED BELOW-
- Child has unclear speech/ drools.
- Falls down a lot.
- Has trouble with stairs.
- Does not make eye- contact.
- Does not want to play with other children his age,prefers adults/toys.
- Does not play role/pretend play.
- Cannot do simple toys( pegs, simple puzzle,turning handle)